Announcement of a New Joint Program of the American Society of Head and Neck Radiology and the British Society of Head and Neck Imaging
We are pleased to announce this new visiting professorship program between our societies. The program involves exchange of faculty between institutions in the United States and the United Kingdom. The goal of the program is to broaden interest and education in Head and Neck Radiology.
Faculty from the ASHNR or BSHNI selected for this program will spend 1-2 weeks in the UK (ASHNR) or the USA (BSHNI) and will lecture at different institutions through the UK, or within a geographical region of the USA. Travel costs and accommodations will be supported in part by the sponsoring society. The program will begin with the first BSHNI speaker in 2024 and the first ASHNR speaker in 2025 and will occur annually thereafter.
Requirements and Additional Information:
• ASHNR member in good standing
• Interested ASHNR faculty should submit a CV along with 5 lecture titles and a cover letter with commitment to teach. Materials should be submitted to the Chair of the ASHNR International Relations Committee Mai-Lan Ho M.D.: firstname.lastname@example.org
• One ASHNR Faculty will be selected following the annual meeting by the International Relations Committee and approved by the Executive Committee by the end of December 2024. Selections will be based on demonstrated expertise in HN and expertise as a speaker, including previous experience lecturing at ASHNR/ASNR/RSNA or other equivalent national or international meeting.
• BSHNI Faculty will be selected following a call for interest from Full Members of the society. The selection criteria will broadly follow that set out by ASHNR & approved by the BSHNI Council
• Participating UK Institutions include London (Kings/Imperial/ Northwick Park/ Great Ormond treet/Southampton/Oxford/Cambridge/Birmingham/ East Midlands/Manchester/Newcastle and Edinburgh, Scotland.
• Participating USA regions include Northeast (Boston University, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Brigham, Yale University), Midwest (Indiana University, University of Iowa, University of Michigan, University of Missouri, University of Pittsburgh, University of Wisconsin), Southeast (Duke University, Emory University, Texas Children’s Hospital, Vanderbilt University), and West (Stanford University, UCSF, UCSD, USC, Oregon Health Sciences University, and University of Utah). Geographic regions will be rotated every year.
For more information please contact:
Kristine Mosier DMD, PhD, President, ASHNR: email@example.com
Christine Glastonbury MBBS, President-Elect ASHNR: Christine.Glastonbury@ucsf.edu
Ram Vaidhyanath M.D. Vice President, BSHNI: firstname.lastname@example.org